Sunday, January 22, 2012

My First Step


"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

-Marianne Williamson

To those who are reading this and may wish to know me better, I thank you. It is love that draws our interest one to another and ties us together as one; I boldly declare that. I am not saying that you are here because you love me, but I am suggesting that if love is not your reason, what is? Alas, this is my blog and it is here that I wish to record my thoughts, feelings, desires, dreams, etc. I only wish to restate that I know and believe we are ALL one, that love is the twine that connects us, and, that twine...well...is formed when we communicate.

I love to write; I feel more understood and a greater understanding of the world around me. I once read that "a [writer] has a better memory for things of the spirit. He [or she] can hold fast to an emotion and an idea until they are firmly and clearly embodied in words". I do not consider myself an eloquent verbal communicator, but through keeping a journal since my childhood I have escaped into a realm of thinking and reasoning that has most shaped my character today.

As my writing has helped me to find my desires and ambitions it has become more directed toward the greatest ambition I have of all - my future posterity. Slowly over time my thoughts and desires written in my journal has become more and more filtered into letters and words I feel most important for my future posterity to know and less of the "unimportant" parts of my life. Of course the small steps you take to reach the top of the mountain are the most important; however, when you are teaching a fellow hiker what the way up to the top is you don't explain every single step you took to get there. You simply give him or her the most important advice you can and allow him or her to take his or her own steps and gain the experience of his or her own journey.

I decided to begin writing in a blog to simply write about the very steps I take in this life - the imperfect small steps I take throughout my life. Because the thoughts I record in my journals are considered sacred to me, I thought I would allow these thoughts to be published for those who wish to enter into my realm of thinking. I am not trying to stand out or create a special persona of myself, rather, I feel it is my duty and, even my desire, to share my perception of the life that we all share together. My thoughts will now become your thoughts and my dreams your dreams as I paint for you the song of my heart and the colors of my thinking. I do not wish to convince anyone that what I write, say, think, reason, or feel is superior in any way to those around me. I am a firm believer that we were ALL created equal. But an artist is unsuccessful if he or she does not gently put to sleep the reality in which the recipient lives and open the door to the reality in which he or she breathes in. We ALL have a different and unique way in viewing life, and, at the same time we are trying to discover its true meaning. Well, here is what it means to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment